Last Updated July 1, 2017
Table of Contents
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
If you choose to grant us access to the address book, in order to quickly add recommendations, we collect certain information that you provide to us when you use this feature. We collect or may collect information such as:
Phone number (used to help connect you to your friends)
Email contacts ((used to help you find your friends)
Phone contacts (used to help you find your friends or easily recommend businesses)
If you create an account using your Facebook account (or other supported social network account), we will access and collect the information that your privacy settings on that account permit us to access so that we can create your WhoWeUse account for you. We can also collect the contact information of your friends, if you choose to connect your contacts and address book information with your account, so that you can connect with your friends when you use our Services.
When you give WhoWeUse permission to access your phone address book, we scan the address book for businesses and their phone numbers. Then we send those phone numbers and contact names to our servers temporarily. We then try to match that data with information in our databases. We NEVER store any of that data that is sent to us from the contact scan. If we find a match and you elect to share the data, then it gets saved on our servers for use in the app.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect for the purposes described below:
* to provide our Services and related services or information to you
* to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
* to personalize and improve our Services and your experiences when you use our Services;
* to monitor and analyze usage and trends of our Services and our apps and/or sites,
* to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our Services;
* to let your friends know about your recommendations and comments about services
* to show you advertisements or other recommendations that fit your needs or interests
* to find and connect with your friends (when instructed by you);
* to interact with and use our Services with your friends; and for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We will not share the personal information we have collected from you, except as described below:
* when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
* with certain social network services and sites, if you allow such sharing;
* with your friends on WhoWeUse with whom you want to connect with, and according to the preferences set in your account;
* with service providers who are working with us in connection with the operation of our Services and our Sites (these service providers may have access to your personal information but only to the extent necessary to perform services on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose that information or use it for any other purposes);
* we may share aggregated information and non-identifiable information that deals with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling, research, analysis and other similar purposes;
* when we believe that we are legally authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
* in connection with any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where user information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
We may share aggregated or anonymous information (about you but does not identify you) with third parties:
* for usage analytics to help us better understand who is using our Services and how;
* to improve the relevancy of the ads you see on our Services and to tailor them to your interests; and
* for industry analysis, demographic profiling, research, analysis and other similar purposes.
The Site is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account.
SECURITY MEASURES WE TAKE TO PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access,. However, despite these efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. In the event that your personal information is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will promptly notify you if your personal information has been compromised as required by applicable law.
Your information may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your country or jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, we may transfer your personal information to the United States (or any other country where we operate) and processes it there. Your submission of such information represents your agreement to that transfer.